Discover a relaxing, well-appointed retreat, with upscale lodging centrally located in the heart of a 17-block national historic district. Lesmeister Guesthouse offers a restful escape from your busy life, or an active time spent seeing and doing in a classic American hill town. The choice is yours!
You’re on your own! Our unique, opulent suites and apartments, with no staff on site, offer value and a memorable experience. We’re perfect for quiet getaways as well as for honeymoons, anniversaries, and other special occasions.
We’re located in the rolling eastern Ozark Mountains just 90 minutes from Memphis. We can help occupy you with things to see and do here, or you can relax and enjoy what the Italians call “il dolce far niente,” the sweetness of doing nothing!
We are at the starting point of three of Arkansas’ four heritage trails: The Southwest Trail, The Trail of Tears, and The Civil War Trail, here in Arkansas, “The Natural State”!
Featuring new construction inside a beautifully rehabilitated 1902 commercial building, Lesmeister Guesthouse offers exceptional downtown lodging in Pocahontas, Arkansas, USA, with the 21st century comforts you enjoy and enough original architectural features to give the feel of the classic building you’re calling home in Pocahontas.
Pamper yourself with a stay in The Lesmeister’s suites or two furnished apartments. Each comfortable unit includes:
- Bedrooms feature:
- King size beds with high-threadcount sheets
- Both firm and soft pillows
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Since some people enjoy going to the sleep while listening to soothing sounds, each bedroom includes a “white noise machine” you can use if you wish, to produce the sound of rain or a waterfall or forest sounds.
- Enjoy private bathrooms with:
- Heated floors
- Oversized Turkish cotton towels and wash cloths
- Ultra-clean Sanijet spa tubs with fragrant bath grains and gels
- A shower
- Towel warmers
- Toilet with heated seat/Bidet with warmed water
- Lighted magnifying makeup mirror
- Indulge in our body lotion selections, with three different European body lotions to sample.
- A skylight to let the natural light come in.
- Free Wi-Fi, telephone, multiple high-definition flat screen cable televisions, and a DVD/Blu-ray player. Over 200 cable TV channels and music channels, many in high definition, including HBO HD. The two apartments each have a Windows computer and laser printer you’re welcome to use.
- For ambiance, we furnish a wood-burning stove and firewood in each apartment living area, and a gas fireplace in each suite. We’ll provide the flame. You provide the romantic spark!
- Central heating and air conditioning (each unit has its own independent system).
- If you’re so inclined, you can save money when traveling by preparing some of your own meals. The two apartments include a kitchen with full size appliances including ice maker and dishwasher, with the necessary utensils, wine glasses, silverware, plates, pots, pans. We even stock a few cookbooks in case you want to experience the joy of cooking in your free time. The suites have mini-refrigerator, microwave, Keurig coffee maker, and an ice maker.
- An iron & ironing board and a washer and dryer for use by our guests.
- All guests of The Lesmeister are welcome to use the charcoal grill in the rear of the building, on a first come, first served basis. The Lesmeister Laurel apartment has its own private deck.
- The Laurel apartment features the famous Lesmeister Cistern, a marvel of early 20th century workmanship guests can safely view through a window in the apartment bedroom.
Keyless Entry: Come and go as you wish. Our properties feature “self check-in”. We don’t have staff on-site. You’re pretty much on your own during your stay with us. In place of door keys, we will send you a 4-digit code you’ll enter into a keypad on the door each time you want to unlock the door. Once inside, there’s also a manual deadbolt you can set to double-lock the door.
You’ll find a welcome booklet in your room that offers information on how to operate the heat and air conditioning, the televisions, etc., as well as lots of helpful information on things to see and do in the Pocahontas area. Make yourself at home and start enjoying the stay!
Reservation Terms: We encourage stays of 2 nights or more. We will accept 1 night stays with a $20 surcharge. We’d love to have you spend a week or more with us (special weekly and monthly rates available)! A deposit equal to one night’s stay is required at the time of reservation.
Cancellation Policy: You can cancel a reservation and receive a refund of your reservation deposit, less a $25 cancellation fee, as long as the cancellation is made at least one week before your scheduled arrival date. If you cancel on shorter than one week’s notice, or if you do not show up for your reservation at all, we will charge you for two night’s lodging (or for one night if you only booked one night) unless we are able to rent the room to someone else on short notice.