Lesmeister Guesthouse is designed for guests who are mostly self-sufficient. We do not have staff on-site most of the time. There is no check-in desk. We are not a hotel. We are not a bed and breakfast.
Each apartment has a full kitchen. Each suite has a microwave oven, mini-refrigerator, coffee maker, and ice maker. When you stay with us, you are mostly on your own. We will have your accommodations ready for you by check-in time. We will provide you with a personal 4-digit code you’ll use at the door to gain admission to your suite. Come and go as you wish, day or night. Make yourself at home! We’ll give you a starter supply of things like coffee, soap, and toilet paper. If you run out of something, do what you’d do at home: go to a store and restock. Contact us if you really need us and we’ll make every effort to help you out as soon as we can get there!
In the 1902 Lesmeister Building, custom-made wood doors and moldings, original ornate ceilings and restored wall colors recreate the feel of life in Pocahontas during the Theodore Roosevelt administration. The Nancy Jones suite, in the 1859 St. Charles building, on the town square a block and a half from the Lesmeister Building, features an original front door made in 1859, as well as a custom-made solid wood bathroom door and moldings, with wall colors appropriate to the age of the pre-Civil War building.
Our unique, opulent suites and apartments offer a restful escape that is perfect for quiet getaways, honeymoons, anniversaries and other special occasions. Each unit is named for people and things that played important parts in Pocahontas history. We’ll send you directions to find your accommodations, and a 4-digit code to open the door. Then come and go as you like!
Located in the rolling eastern Ozark Mountains just 90 minutes from Memphis, we can help occupy you with things to see and do here*, or you can relax and enjoy what the Italians call “il dolce far niente,” the sweetness of doing nothing!
* Large PDF download. Be patient.
We are at the starting point of three of Arkansas’ four heritage trails: The Southwest Trail, The Trail of Tears, and The Civil War Trail, here in Arkansas, “The Natural State”!
Featuring new construction inside beautifully rehabilitated 1859 and 1902 commercial buildings, Lesmeister Guesthouse offers exceptional downtown lodging in Pocahontas, Arkansas, USA, with the 21st century comforts you enjoy and enough original architectural features to give the feel of the classic building you’re calling home in Pocahontas.
Pamper yourself with a stay in The Lesmeister’s four suites or two furnished apartments.
Each comfortable unit has its own outside entry door.
- King size beds with high-thread-count sheets
- Both firm and soft pillows
- Bathrobes and slippers
- Since some people enjoy going to sleep while listening to soothing sounds, each bedroom includes a “white noise machine” you can use if you wish, to produce the sound of rain or a waterfall or forest sounds.
Enjoy private bathrooms with:
- Oversized Turkish cotton towels and wash cloths
- Lesmeister Building rooms feature ultra-clean Sanijet spa tubs with fragrant bath grains and gels. The Nancy Jones suite in the St. Charles building does not have a tub.
- A shower
- Flat screen TV
- Towel warmer
- Toilet with heated seat/Bidet with warmed water
- Lighted magnifying makeup mirror
- Lesmeister Building units all have a bathroom skylight to let the natural light come in.
Free Wi-Fi and multiple high-definition flat screen cable televisions are featured in each unit. Each room has HBO and cable TV.
- For ambiance, we furnish electric “wood” stoves in each apartment living area that realistically simulate burning logs, and a similar gas fireplace or stove in each suite. We’ll provide the flame. You provide the romantic spark!
- Each unit has its own independent system heating and cooling system.
- For those who enjoy them, each Lesmeister unit has a yoga mat, an exercise ball, and a foam roller cylinder.
- Each unit has a standard desk and chair so you can get some work done, if you must! There’s also a lap desk in case you want to work in bed.
- If you’re so inclined, you can save money when traveling by preparing some of your own meals. The two self-catering apartments include kitchens with full size appliances including ice maker and dishwasher, with the necessary utensils, wine glasses, silverware, plates, pots, pans. We even stock a few cookbooks in case you want to experience the joy of cooking in your free time. The suites have mini-refrigerator, microwave, Keurig coffee maker, and an ice maker.
- An iron & ironing board and a washer and dryer for use by our guests.
- The Laurel apartment features the famous Lesmeister Cistern, a marvel of early 20th century workmanship guests can safely view through a window in the apartment bedroom.
- Come and go as you wish. Each unit has its own outside entry door and we feature “self check-in”. We don’t have staff on-site. You’re pretty much on your own during your stay with us. In place of door keys, we will send you a 4-digit code you’ll enter into a keypad on your door each time you want to unlock the door. Once inside, there’s also a manual deadbolt you can set to double-lock the door.
- You’ll find a welcome booklet in your room that offers information on how to operate the heat and air conditioning, the televisions, etc., as well as lots of helpful information on things to see and do in the Pocahontas area. Make yourself at home and start enjoying the stay!
That’s The Lesmeister Building, halfway down the street, on the right…