This new 640 square foot (60 square meter) suite, with its original, ornate pressed metal ceilings 14 feet (4.3 meters) overhead, is all at street level and easily accessible. There’s free parking right on the street, just steps from the door, or you can park in the large free city parking lot just a few steps down the street at the intersection of Marr Street and Pyburn Street.
The suite is named for an American Civil War general captured by Union troops just around the corner from this suite. For more information on the capture of General Jeff Thompson, see our blog post here.
Located in the fully restored 1902 Lesmeister Building store front, entry to the suite is right off the Marr Street sidewalk. Designed with an “open” floor plan, the large glass western wall gives a full view of Marr Street, with shades that can be pulled to assure complete privacy when you want it. Directions to find the suite are here.
The living/sleeping area includes:
- For ambiance, we furnish a gas fireplace with remote control.
- Free Wi-Fi and a large flat screen cable television. In addition to cable, the TV can also access steaming services such as Netflix and Amazon Video.
- Two comfortable reclining chairs.
- A desk large enough to get some work done, if you must.
- A small refrigerator, microwave oven, Keurig coffee maker, and ice maker.
- Thermostat control for the suite’s central heating and air conditioning system.
- A king sized bed with high thread count sheets, both firm and soft pillows, and comforter.
- In our suites, we can add quite comfortable inflatable mattresses with sheets, blankets and pillows, to accommodate a 3rd or even 4th person, if you’d like. Be aware that the inflatable mattresses are positioned on the floor, so are not suitable for someone who would have trouble getting out of the floor. There’s an extra charge, per day, to have more than 2 people in the suite. Contact us if you’re interested in this option and we’ll get you the details.
- A king sized bed is 76 inches wide × 80 inches long (1.93 meters wide x 2.03 meters long)
- Luxury bathrobes for your use, and slippers.
- Since some people enjoy going to the sleep while listening to soothing sounds, the bedroom includes a “white noise machine” you can use if you wish, to produce the sound of rain or a waterfall or forest sounds. And, while Pocahontas is definitely a “sleepy little town”, if you want to sleep late some mornings, the white noise machine can easily cover up any undesired neighborhood sounds.
- A skylight to let in natural light.
- Ultra-clean Sanijet spa tub with fragrant bath gels for your bathing pleasure.
- A large separate shower
- Heated floor
- Flat screen TV
- Lighted magnifying makeup mirror
- Hair dryer
- Towel warmer
- Toilet with heated seat/Bidet with warmed water.
- Enjoy oversized Turkish cotton towels and indulge in our body lotion menu, with three different European body lotions to sample.
- Guests are welcome to use the clothes washer and dryer, iron and ironing board in the suite’s bathroom.
All guests of The Lesmeister are welcome to use the charcoal grill in the rear of the building, on a first come, first served basis.
See Our Other Suites and Apartments
The Laurel Apartment The Julia Dean Apartment The Lewis de Mun Suite The Henry M. Stanley Suite
Compare the amenities of the Lesmeister suites and apartments
RATES: Our rates vary based on the day of the week, and on availability. Enter your dates into the Availability Search to see the exact rates for your dates. We offer a 20% discount for any stay of 7 consecutive nights or more.