Nightly rates from $141. Weekly starting at $846.
Henry Morton Stanley Suite
This 545 square foot (50 square meter) suite, with its original, ornate pressed metal ceilings 14 feet (4.3 meters) overhead, is on two levels. You enter the suite’s bedroom from your small private patio, which is on the same level as your parking spot. Up 8 steps* from the bedroom level there’s a small sitting area with gas fireplace, 2 reclining chairs and flat screen TV, and a large bathroom with both a jet tub and a separate shower.
* These are the original concrete stairs from when this was a 1902 commercial building. While they are easy for most people to maneuver, they may be harder for the elderly, or people in poor physical condition. This suite is certainly not handicapped accessible.
The Henry Morton Stanley suite is named for a man who came to Pocahontas to be inducted into the Confederate army during the American Civil War, then later in life traveled to the heart of Africa in search for the missing Dr. David Livingstone. When Stanley finally found the doctor, he uttered the now famous phrase, “Doctor Livingstone, I presume.” For more on Stanley, see our blog post here.
The sitting area includes:
- For ambiance, we furnish a gas fireplace with remote control.
- Free Wi-Fi and a flat screen cable television. In addition to cable, the sitting area TV can also access steaming services such as Netflix and Amazon Video.
- Two comfortable reclining chairs.
- Thermostat control for the suite’s central heating and air conditioning system.
In the bathroom you’ll find:
- A skylight to let in natural light.
- Ultra-clean Sanijet spa tub with fragrant bath gels for your bathing pleasure.
- A separate shower.
- Heated floor
- Flat screen TV
- Lighted magnifying makeup mirror
- Hair dryer
- Towel warmer
- Toilet with heated seat/Bidet with warmed water.
- Enjoy oversized Turkish cotton towels and indulge in our body lotion menu, with three different European body lotions to sample.
- Guests are welcome to use the clothes washer and dryer, iron and ironing board in the suite’s bathroom.
The bedroom includes:
- A desk large enough to get some work done, if you must.
- A small refrigerator, microwave oven, Keurig coffee maker, and ice maker.
- Flat screen cable TV
- A king sized bed with high thread count sheets, both firm and soft pillows, and comforter.
- A king sized bed is 76 inches wide × 80 inches long (1.93 meters wide x 2.03 meters long)
- We can add a quite comfortable inflatable mattress with sheets, blankets and pillows, to accommodate a 3rd or even 4th person, if you’d like. Be aware, though, that the Stanley Suite becomes a bit crowded with air mattresses on the floor. Many people, however, have managed it quite happily. Since an added inflatable mattress is positioned on the floor, it’s not suitable for someone who would have trouble getting out of the floor. There’s an extra charge, per day, to have more than 2 people in the suite.
- Luxury bathrobes for your use, and slippers.
- A yoga mat, an exercise ball, and a foam roller cylinder.
- Since some people enjoy going to sleep while listening to soothing sounds, the bedroom includes a “white noise machine” you can use if you wish, to produce the sound of rain or a waterfall or forest sounds. And, while Pocahontas is definitely a “sleepy little town”, if you want to sleep late some mornings, the white noise machine can easily cover up any undesired neighborhood sounds.
All guests of The Lesmeister are welcome to use the charcoal grill in the rear of the building, on a first come, first served basis.
RATES: Our rates vary based on the day of the week, and on availability. Select here and enter your dates to see the exact rates for your stay. We offer a 20% discount for any stay of 7 consecutive nights or more.