The Five Rivers Rumble!
For several months, a few of us in the Randolph County Tourism Association have been developing The Five Rivers Rumble, a motorcycling/driving route for our area that crosses all five of Randolph County’s rivers in a loop that starts and ends in Pocahontas (admittedly, you can start and end a loop anywhere along the way, but Pocahontas is easy for visitors to find). We’ve driven the route (in a car) to test it, and it’s a great path through our winding hill roads.
I know it’s not the ideal time of the year to release this, so I’ll re-post this in the spring when the outdoor season returns. Among high points of the route are:
- The Pocahontas National Historic District including the capture site of Civil War General Jeff Thompson.
- The beautiful drive to Engelberg.
- Maynard and the Pioneer Museum.
- Supply and the Trail of Tears historical marker there.
- A circle through the quaint town of Doniphan.
- A 22 mile drive through the Mark Twain National Forest.
- The 1828 Rice House at Dalton.
- Hall’s Creek Canyon at Ravenden Springs.
- Davidsonville Historic State Park.
For full details and maps of the Rumble Route, see our new Five Rivers Rumble page HERE.