The Lewis de Mun suite is named for one of Pocahontas’ earliest settlers, a man who had earlier overseen construction of the first section of the U.S. Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. De Mun was also closely associated with Aaron Burr, one-time Vice President of the United States. It was Burr’s attempt to set up a new country in the Louisiana Purchase territory, that includes Pocahontas, that brought de Mun to Pocahontas in 1805. For more on Lewis de Mun, see our blog post here.
This 640 square foot (60 square meter) suite, with its original, ornate pressed metal ceilings 14 feet (4.3 meters) overhead, is on two levels, with the bedroom 3 feet above the main level. You enter the suite from your private deck, which is accessed by stairs leading up from your parking spot. With an “open” floor plan, the suite has a large bedroom area, a small sitting area, and a large bathroom with both a jet tub and a separate shower. Directions to find the apartment are here.
The living/sleeping area includes:
- For ambiance, we furnish a gas fireplace with remote control.
- Free Wi-Fi and 2 flat screen cable televisions. In addition to cable, the living area TV can also access steaming services such as Netflix and Amazon Video.
- Two comfortable reclining chairs.
- A desk large enough to get some work done, if you must.
- A yoga mat, an exercise ball, and a foam roller cylinder.
- A small refrigerator, microwave oven, Keurig coffee maker, and ice maker.
- Thermostat control for the suite’s central heating and air conditioning system.
- A king sized bed with high thread count sheets, both firm and soft pillows, and comforter.
- In our suites, we can add quite comfortable inflatable mattresses with sheets, blankets and pillows, to accommodate a 3rd or even 4th person, if you’d like. Be aware that the inflatable mattresses are positioned on the floor, so are not suitable for someone who would have trouble getting out of the floor. There’s an extra charge, per day, to have more than 2 people in the suite. Contact us if you’re interested in this option and we’ll get you the details.
- A king sized bed is 76 inches wide × 80 inches long (1.93 meters wide x 2.03 meters long)
- Luxury bathrobes for your use, and slippers.
- Since some people enjoy going to the sleep while listening to soothing sounds, the bedroom includes a “white noise machine” you can use if you wish, to produce the sound of rain or a waterfall or forest sounds. And, while Pocahontas is definitely a “sleepy little town”, if you want to sleep late some mornings, the white noise machine can easily cover up any undesired neighborhood sounds.
- A skylight to let in natural light.
- Ultra-clean Sanijet spa tub with fragrant bath gels for your bathing pleasure.
- A separate shower.
- Heated floor
- Flat screen TV
- Lighted magnifying makeup mirror
- Hair dryer
- Towel warmer
- Toilet with heated seat/Bidet with warmed water.
- Enjoy oversized Turkish cotton towels and indulge in our body lotion menu, with three different European body lotions to sample.
- Guests are welcome to use the clothes washer and dryer, iron and ironing board in the suite’s bathroom.
All guests of The Lesmeister are welcome to use the charcoal grill in the rear of the building, on a first come, first served basis.
See Our Other Suites and Apartments
The Laurel Apartment The Julia Dean Apartment The Henry M. Stanley Suite The Jeff Thompson Suite
Compare the amenities of the Lesmeister suites and apartments
RATES: Our rates vary based on the day of the week, and on availability. Select the Check Availability button below and enter your dates to see the exact rates for your dates. We offer a 20% discount for any stay of 7 consecutive nights or more.
Current Availability Calendar
(This is THE official calendar. It’s always up to date and it’s the one WE check when we make reservations!)