- Rooms / Rates / Info
- Check Availability
- Packages / To Do’s
- Contact / About
Lesmeister Guesthouse, Pocahontas, Arkansas, USA
A new goldfish pond has appeared by the picnic pavilions in Black River Overlook Park. Built by the city parks crew, the fountain makes a nice sound as the water sprays into the pond. There are about 10 small goldfish in the pond, making a nice addition to our park.
Pocahontas is a real town, not just a suburb of some larger place. Our 18 block commercial historic district is the largest such district in Arkansas. Still mostly a “diamond in the rough”, buildings in this area retain most of their historic features, though some were covered by “modern” facades in the 1950’s and 60’s.
Our historic district is slowly but steadily being reborn as the wonderful place it was over 100 years ago, and Lesmeister Guesthouse is leading the way! The restoration of the building, removing modern additions and facades and restoring the historic appearance, has gone a long way in motivating local property owners to care for structures that have too-long been taken for granted here.
• Site of the 1863 capture of Civil War General Jeff Thompson
• The Downtown Playhouse, featuring live plays and other events in our rehabilitated movie theater
• 1872 Courthouse-Authentic Victorian Architecture
• Randolph County Heritage Museum
• Arkansas’ only Quilt Trail
• Black River Beads and Pottery Gallery
• Civil War Memorial Walking Trail
• Arkansas’ Oldest Barber Shop
• Arkansas’ Oldest Drug Store
• R.J. Reynolds Art Gallery
• A Real Meteorite
• Fully Restored 1921 Train Depot
• and much more!